1 bag Fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Orange Juice or Water
1/2 -3/4 Cup Honey – depending on your sweetness preferences
2-3 teaspoons Cinnamon
2-3 teaspoons Nutmeg
- Heat water or orange juice and honey in sauce pan.
- Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Rinse Cranberries.
- Add Cranberries to honey mixture.
- Bring to a low boil, turn down to a simmer.
- Add Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until Cranberries are tender.
- Crush Cranberries with a potato masher. Cook for 1-2 more minutes
- Serve hot or cold.
Depending on your children’s ages, get them them involved in the cooking. From shaking the spices on the cranberries for the younger ones, to mashing and stirring for the older ones, this is a fun recipe for the kids because they see the instant results of turning cranberries into sauce!